It's right for you if...
You like tires that stick to the trail. You have an affection for traction and want the plush ride and extra capability of a full suspension bike with the added benefit of plus-sized, Tubeless Ready tires.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, mid-fat tires for unrelenting traction, a 140mm RockShox Recon RL fork, and 130mm of rear travel. Plus, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, 27.5x2.8˝ tires, Alex MD35 rims, and a reliable 1x10 Shimano Deore drivetrain with a wide range of gearing to tackle varying terrain.
The final word
If you're getting into mountain biking and looking for the one ride to give you a great experience, this is a great choice. Fuel EX 5 Plus is capable, versatile, durable, and built to keep you rolling through the most technical trails with a huge smile on your face.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Unrelenting confidence: this bike lets you ride sections you never thought you'd be able to clean
- Mid-fat tires give you the traction to scamper up technical climbs and charge through rock gardens
- It's a lot of bike for the price, and the perfect platform for upgrades down the line
You might also like
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 140mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 210x52.5mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Alex MD35, 32-hole double-walled, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance, Tubeless Ready, 27.5x2.80˝
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 30T Cinch (direct mount)
- Bottom bracket
- SunRace, 11-42, 10 speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 720mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 15.10 kg / 33.3 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|