It's right for you if...
You want an awesome performance road bike at a great value. You're looking for a carbon bike with a super smooth ride, and you prefer the lightweight performance of rim brakes.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Front and Rear IsoSpeed, powerful direct mount rim brakes, and a full 2x11 Shimano 105 groupset. Domane SL 5 also has internal cable routing for clean looks, a Ride Tuned alloy seatmast cap, stock 700x28 tires, and a stable Endurance Geometry for comfort on the longest days and roughest roads.
The final word
Domane SL 5 is the introductory carbon model in the family, but when you make the small jump in price from aluminum models, you get a big jump in tech, including a much lighter frame, Front and Rear IsoSpeed, and a full carbon fork.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's a lightweight carbon bike at an exceptional value, with dependable parts that keep the price in check without compromising performance
- It's the most affordable bike with IsoSpeed in both the front and rear
- Domane SL 5 is super versatile and equally suited to racing, club rides, and rough roads
- This is the gateway to adventure road riding, so you better eat a big breakfast—this bike won't quit until you do
You might also like
As befits the world’s most advanced endurance racing bikes, we’ve developed the world’s most stable racing geometry. Still racy, but with a slightly higher head tube for better stability and greater comfort through the entire ride.
Performance. Stability. Victory. Trek endurance geometry is a triple threat, maximizing control, handling, and responsiveness through perfectly tuned rider weight bias.
Additional Tire Clearance
Additional tire clearance allows Domane to go where no road bike has gone before. Race, ride, explore.
It's a one-two punch: generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimizes the wheelbase.
Direct brake mount
Direct brake mounts connect directly to the frame to reduce redundant parts and increase overall braking performance.
Performance cable routing
Our sleek, race-optimized cable routing system virtually eliminates friction for the crispest shifting in any conditions. Three years in the making, and well worth the wait.
Power Transfer Construction
Get the most out of every pedal stroke with Power Transfer Construction. This Trek innovation connects our exclusive E2 head tube and BB90 bottom bracket with a wide, ultra-stiff down tube that transfers more of your pedaling power to the road, for more speed out of every pedal turn.
Ride Tuned seatmast
Our no-cut Ride Tuned seatmast is designed for the rigors of pro racing. It's the lightest, most comfortable solution for day-in, day-out performance and comfort, however rough the roads or hard the riding.
Fender mounts allow for full-coverage fenders so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Front & Rear IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, BB90, direct mount rim brakes, internal cable routing, hidden fender mounts, 3S chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, Ride Tuned seatmast
- Domane carbon, carbon tapered steerer, direct mount rim brakes
- Front hub
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c
- Max tire size
- 28c Bontrager tires (with at least 4mm of clearance to frame)
- Shimano 105, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano 105, braze-on
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano 105
- Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano 105 11-34, 11 speed
- Shimano 105
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10mm offset
- Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano 105 direct mount
- 56cm - 9.04 kg / 19.93 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 275 pounds (125 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
157.0 - 164.0 cm
5'1.8" - 5'4.6"
74.0 - 77.0 cm
29.1" - 30.3"
162.0 - 169.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.5"
76.0 - 79.0 cm
29.9" - 31.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
78.0 - 82.0 cm
30.7" - 32.3"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
81.0 - 85.0 cm
31.9" - 33.5"
179.0 - 186.0 cm
5'10.5" - 6'1.2"
84.0 - 87.0 cm
33.1" - 34.3"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
86.0 - 90.0 cm
33.9" - 35.4"
189.0 - 196.0 cm
6'2.4" - 6'5.2"
89.0 - 92.0 cm
35.0" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|