It's right for you if...
You're all about fast and fun trail rides with your friends. But you want to have fun faster, so you want a carbon frame and a high-end spec you can rely on for long days in the saddle.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Stranglehold dropouts, a 120mm RockShox Pike Select Plus fork with Solo Air spring and Motion control damper, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, and SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes. Plus, SUNringlé Duroc 50mm rims, included tubeless rim tape and valves, 29x3˝ Bontrager XR2 Team Issue TLR tires, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and a 35mm Bontrager Line Pro carbon handlebar to match the burly disposition of this go-anywhere, ride-anything monster.
The final word
Stache 9.7 pairs the light and smooth ride of carbon with the traction and momentum of 29+ mid-fat tires to make a fun trail hardtail that holds its own with both the distance-crushing XC crowd and your rowdy trail-riding buddies.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- 29+ has an incredible amount of merit, and this lightweight carbon frame brings the platform to its full potential
- Fun is faster than ever with a lightweight Stache carbon frame and top-shelf parts
- Stache is super versatile and equally at home on multi-day bikepacking trips as it is on rough singletrack
- We're not the only ones who love it: Outside Magazine says, "[Stache 9.7] is the world's best hardtail mountain bike—hands down."
- It's super easy to go tubeless with the included Tubeless Ready tires, rim strips, and valves
You might also like
29+ is a wider 3" tire that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
How do you fit a 29" tire without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the driveside chainstay up and out of the way.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon, Boost148, Midstay, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- RockShox Pike RC, Solo Air, Charger 2 damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 120mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost148
- SUN Ringle Duroc 50 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves included
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle, 30T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- DUB PF92
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- ESI Chunky
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- 17.5 - 12.95 kg / 28.54 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|