It's right for you if...
You want a high-value head start on your enduro build and the kind of trail tech that comes only from a long heritage of all-mountain riding. You like to go fast, go big, and rail corners, and you're looking for a big bike that will stand up to whatever wild trails you can find.
The tech you get
A burly Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 150mm of travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, a 35mm Bontrager Line stem, and an integrated Knock Block headset that stops spinning bars and the fork crown from hitting your frame. Built for 29er wheels and a 150mm or 160mm fork.
The final word
With Slash AL Frameset, you're getting a whole lot of capability for your money and a great start on a bike that can handle the burliest trails out there. Whether you're racing or looking to get sendy, this burly frameset will stand up to whatever you throw at it.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- RE:aktiv keeps the shock firm for efficient pedaling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild—Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- Control Freak Cable Management allows you to run any combination of cables exactly the way you want, while still giving you sleek looks and protecting your cables against unnecessary wear
You might also like
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, ISCG 05, 150mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35mm clamp 0 degree, 50mm length
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- M - 3.51 kg / 7.74 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|