It's right for you if...
You like ripping technical trails at warp speed and want a single bike with insane climbing and descending prowess for the gnarliest trails and enduro races. You prioritize frame and suspension performance above all else, and want a durable drivetrain that won't break the bank.
The tech you get
A 150mm OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a stout RockShox Yari RC 160mm fork, and a RockShox Deluxe shock with Trek's ultra-responsive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a mixed NX and GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement.
The final word
Slash 9.7 gives you heaps of speed and capability for a shorter stack of cash. You're getting a carbon frame, a solid parts group, and proven long travel suspension for performance where you'll notice it most.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Don't confuse Slash 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market—this bike gives you our best enduro main frame and suspension with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild—Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- We're not the only ones who love it: Slash was awarded Mountain Bike of the Year by Pinkbike
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy 1x-specific stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 150mm travel
- RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 14.50 kg / 31.96 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|