It's right for you if...
You believe mountain biking isn't about racing or showing off. It's about the experience of being out there in the rough, wonderful wild. For you, every ride is both a battle against nature and an appreciation of it. There's a whole lot of beauty in dirt, rocks, and roots. Trails don't need to be perfectly sculpted to be enjoyed.
The tech you get
An Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A full SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with a huge gear range, a Fox Float rear shock with 130mm of travel and Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, a 130mm RockShox Pike fork with a wide range of adjustment, aggressive 29x3.0˝ Bontrager XR4 Tubeless Ready mid-fat tires on beefy 40mm rims, and a Bontrager Dropper post.
The final word
This is a new breed of performance backcountry trail bike. If you love seeking out the untamed trails in the wild and discovering new lines while ripping bikepacking adventures, Full Stache 8 is your dream ride. It's like that one friend who's always egging you on to go a little farther, because there's bound to be something epic right over the next ridge or at the bottom of the next valley.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike was born for adventure in the wild outback, where capability isn't just something that's nice to have but an absolute essential
- Mid-fat tires are sure-footed on technical singletrack, tricky descents, and whatever trail you'll find where other riders dare not roam
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- 29x3.0˝ tires give you the flotation of a fat bike with the speed and momentum of a fast-rolling 29er
- Super short chainstays make Full Stache surprisingly agile, even with its 29+ wheels
29+ is a wider 3" tire that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- RockShox Pike RL, Solo Air, Charger damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 40 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves included
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle, 30T
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm, 17.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Line, 35mm clamp, 0 degree, 60mm length
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 15.37 kg / 33.88 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|