It's right for you if...
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike with fast-rolling 29˝ wheels at a great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable, and responsive so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with fast-rolling 29˝ wheels and 130mm of front and rear travel. Plus, Boost148/110 hub spacing for added strength and tire clearance, a durable 1x10 Shimano Deore drivetrain, and fully adjustable RockShox air suspension.
The final word
Full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame and suspension tech found on our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models. 130mm of travel, Boost 148/110 hub spacing, and a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain make for an ideal introduction to the world of full suspension trail riding.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- You're getting awesome features and the latest mountain bike innovations at an exceptional value
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but want to do explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
You might also like
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 210x52.5mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR3, 29x2.30˝
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 30T Cinch (direct mount)
- Bottom bracket
- SunRace, 11-42, 10 speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 720mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.97 kg / 33 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|