It's right for you if...
You don't like fat biking—you love it. You make the biggest investment in your fat bike because you have the best time riding it, and you're willing to shell out for the lightest, fastest, fat bike we make because you know there's a return in fun, speed, and adventure.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Stranglehold dropouts, a Bontrager Haru Pro rigid carbon fork with a carbon steerer, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with an extra-wide gear range, SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes, and Tubeless Ready Bontrager Wampa carbon wheels with a 108-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for instant engagement paired with 27.5x4.5˝ Bontrager Barbegazi TLR tires. Plus, a Bontrager Line dropper post and a carbon handlebar.
The final word
It's the lightest fat bike we make. A carbon frame, carbon wheels, carbon fork, and top-shelf SRAM drivetrain come together in Farley 9.8 to make a high-performance ride that won't be slowed by foul weather, deep snow, or gnarly terrain.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This is a fat bike made without compromise: it's the lightest, fastest model we make
- It's a four-season freedom machine that lets you ride outside all year long
- The 27.5x4.5˝ tires deliver more speed and traction than their 26˝ counterparts
- It's easy to set up tubeless—and when you do, you'll save weight and your ride will get even faster
You might also like
Sometimes you need a little extra protection, so we developed our light, tough external Carbon Armor polymer shield. It provides reassurance when you know your down tube is bound to take some abuse.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, Carbon Armor, PF121, 197mm Stranglehold adjustable thru axle dropouts
- Bontrager Haru Pro, OCLV Carbon lowers, carbon tapered steerer, 100mm suspension corrected, 15x150mm
- Trek Wampa Carbon 80 SL, Tubeless Ready, 150x15 front, 197x12 rear, 108T Rapid Drive, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager Barbegazi, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 27.5x4.50˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon Eagle DUB, Fat 5 30T alloy ring
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit 121mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- ESI Chunky
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc
- M - 12.23 kg / 26.96 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|