It's right for you if...
You need speed. You live for it. You dream about it. And when you're on the mountain, you're gonna get after it. You want a faster-rolling 29˝ wheels, a carbon frame, and the latest DH tech out there.
The tech you get
We call it a frameset, but it's a whole lot more than that: it also comes with the top-of-the-line and hard-to-find FOX 40 29er fork. Session 29 is built with an ultralight and ultra-durable OCLV Mountain Carbon, 190mm front and rear FOX Factory suspension, Carbon Armor, and integrated frame protection like built-in bumpers for the double-crown fork. Plus, it has frame tech that lets you dial your geometry, like Mino Link and the included fixed-angle headset cups.
The final word
This is the fastest downhill bike we make. This 29er-optimized carbon ride is great for rolling over the rough stuff and getting to the finish line with plenty of time to spare.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- We put a whole lot into this bike, including nearly a decade of research and development by engineers and designers who wanted to break the mold of DH capability and speed—and they succeeded
- Session 29 is taking downhill to a new place, and it's leading the charge on the World Cup circuit among the very first 29er DH bikes
- The fastest runs demand the most dialed setup: the air shock and fork on Session 29 are adjustable and easy to fine-tune for different tracks
- Mino Link and fixed-angle headset cups let you adjust your geometry for the exact handling you want
You might also like
Integrated frame protection
Integrated guards protect top tube from dual-crown fork stanchion impact, and down tube from trail debris. Down tube guard is removable, allowing riders to shed valuable grams on race day, or to replace the guard as necessary.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, ABP, magnesium EVO Link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, integrated frame protection, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG mount, 190mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Factory 40 FIT RC2, air spring, Kashima Coat, hi/lo speed compression, Boost 110x20 thru axle, 190mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float X2, high/low speed rebound adjust, high/low speed compression adjust, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 225x70mm
- FSA Orbit, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom (includes geometry adjust angled cups)
- M – 6.17 kg / 13.60 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
157.0 - 167.0 cm
5'1.8" - 5'5.7"
74.0 - 78.0 cm
29.1" - 30.7"
168.0 - 177.0 cm
5'6.1" - 5'9.7"
79.0 - 83.0 cm
31.1" - 32.7"
178.0 - 187.0 cm
5'10.1" - 6'1.6"
84.0 - 88.0 cm
33.1" - 34.6"
188.0 - 196.0 cm
6'2.0" - 6'5.2"
88.0 - 92.0 cm
34.6" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Frame rise|