It's right for you if...
You're new to mountain biking and want a high-value bike that's perfect for local XC trails and even racing. You want to invest in the parts that make a difference in performance—frame, suspension, and brakes—and want a bike you won't immediately outgrow as your skills advance.
The tech you get
X-Caliber 7 has a lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame, RockShox fork with 100mm of travel and a lockout feature, a dependable 2x9 Shimano drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes, and wider Boost141 hubs for increased wheel strength and better tire clearance. This hub size is standard for higher-end wheelsets, making it easy to upgrade your wheels if you're looking for a fast way to increase performance.
The final word
X-Caliber 7 is a great cross country mountain bike at a great value. It has the same features found on higher-end bikes—like internal cable routing, dropper post compatibility, a tapered head tube, and Boost hub spacing—all on a platform that's easy to upgrade down the line.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It gets you into the world of cross country riding and racing at a great price, and it's a mountain bike that can grow with you as your skills advance
- The sleek internal cable routing gives you clean looks, protects your cables, and makes it easy to upgrade to a dropper post for even more capability
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames)
You might also like
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Alpha Gold Aluminum
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Gold Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack & kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- RockShox 30 Silver, coil spring, preload, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2241, Boost141
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Acera M3000, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Alivio M4020
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow
- Shimano Acera MT210, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge, 73mm
- Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed
- KMC X9
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: 690mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Semi-integrated, cartridge, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 13.97 kg / 30.8 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
147.0 - 155.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.0"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|