It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a do-it-all full suspension mountain bike that balances efficiency with capability. You want to rip rough trails, do a couple XC races, and even test yourself with an endurance or stage race.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 120mm RockShox Recon RL fork with Motion Control damper, 115mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Float shock, and a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain. Plus, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Dropper, and Tubeless Ready Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 wheels.
The final word
Top Fuel 8 is an efficient, capable, and ridiculously fun short-travel full suspension trail bike. It's built to take on technical terrain, flowy XC courses, and the demands of endurance mountain bike races.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension setup that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defense to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
You might also like
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote, tapered steerer, 46mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 120mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, 2-postion DPS damper, TwistLoc remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45mm
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120tpi, 29x2.40"
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 32T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- SRAM TwistLoc
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Shimano hydraulic disc, MT501 lever, MT500 caliper
- M - 13.81 kg / 30.45 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|