It's right for you if...
You like the responsiveness of an aluminum frame, and would rather spend your money on better components than a full carbon frame. You want a ride that's lightweight and responsive, with an IsoSpeed decoupler and carbon seatpost so you can pedal over rough spots with comfort and ease.
The tech you get
A durable and light Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with IsoSpeed, Shimano Deore XT/SLX 2x11 drivetrain, Race Face Next R carbon crank, Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes, and an advanced RockShox Reba RL fork with Motion Control damper and a remote lockout. Plus, Boost 148/110 Duster Elite wheels and additional lightweight parts, like a Bontrager Pro OCLV Carbon seatpost and Montrose Comp saddle.
The final word
This is hands down the best aluminum hardtail we make. You're getting Trek's highest-grade Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, the unique advantage of trail-smoothing IsoSpeed, a full-on race-worthy spec, a carbon crank, and the kind of quality suspension that can hold its own on the World Cup XC circuit.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The IsoSpeed decoupler makes it ride smoother than any other hardtail, so your body doesn't get beat up by trail chatter
- You're putting your money into the parts that make a big difference in performance: an advanced frame, carbon crank, and quality RockShox suspension
- The carbon crank saves a lot of weight, and it's super responsive when you're putting the hammer down on a climb
- Ride the fastest wheel that fits with Smart Wheel Size
You might also like
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Handlebar-mounted controls let you lock out your suspension on the fly as you switch terrains.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, IsoSpeed, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur routing, balanced post mount brake, PF92, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Front suspension
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control remote lockout, E2 tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Bontrager Duster Elite 23, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano SLX M7020
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Next R, 36/26
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-42, 11 speed
- KMC X11-1
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6mm, 5mm offset
- Bontrager Race Lite, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- 17.5" - 11.79 kg / 26.00 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Frame rise|