It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, an efficient 2x8 drivetrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain, plus a suspension fork with a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
Marlin 6 gives you upgrades you'll notice on every ride, like the suspension lockout and really smooth shifting Shimano drivetrain. Extra-strong double-walled rims and powerful hydraulic disc brakes give you durability and stopping power for your most rugged adventures on the trail, in town, and everywhere in between.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
Fit for every rider
Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
High tech, high value
Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Rear kickstand mount
Chainstay mounts make it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout,100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve
- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M315, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Shimano M315, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Shimano HG31, 11-34, 8 speed
- KMC Z8.3, 8 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Tektro HD-M276 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.41 kg / 31.77 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|