It's right for you if...
You live for freedom, value self reliance, and want a ride for bikepacking and off-road touring in places other bikes simply can't take you. 1120 is for the crazy among us and those who feel most at home under the stars. If filling out the last uncharted parts of the map is your thing, 1120 is the thing to do it on.
The tech you get
A Stache-inspired Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with an adjustable rear Stranglehold Dropout that makes it easy to dial in your geometry and convert to singlespeed, a carbon fork, our proprietary rack system and included bag holsters for 8L dry bags of your choice, a 1x11 Shimano drivetrain, SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes, 29+ tires, and a Bontrager Line dropper post that makes it easy to mount, dismount, and descend while loaded.
The final word
The bike you get if you're after real adventures. Every part of 1120 is made for better bikepacking and built to take on the burliest trails you can find. Included racks, trail-specific spec, and 29+ wheels make 1120 the perfect shred sled for epic exploration.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike expands boundaries and lets you escape, and it's equipped with the right spec so you can just pack it and go
- The included rack and harness system makes it easy to secure the 8L bags dry bags of your choice in the rear rack and additional bags up front for the best packing balance
- So many mounting features let you set up your ideal expedition ride as you see fit
- It's also an awesome mountain bike—if you're looking to shred, pull off the racks and it's every bit as capable as our award-winning Stache
"Big-tired barrel of laughs that also happens to be practical"
"1120 is an off-road touring machine quite unlike anything else out there. It's comfortable and surprisingly capable, even on techy terrain, and the neat rack system allows you to take everything including the kitchen sink. It's quirky, hugely fun, and extremely practical all at the same time."Read more
You might also like
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tire pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Lightweight fork with carbon fiber legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
A 15mm front thru axle makes steering more precise for more control, and the quick-release feature makes wheel removal easy.
29+ is a wider 3" tire that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
How do you fit a 29" tire without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the driveside chainstay up and out of the way.
Built for 1X
Stache is optimized for a single chainring. No front derailleur means a tighter wheelbase for a lively ride.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Boost148, Midstay, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, PF92, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry, proprietary rack mounts
- 1120 Adventure HCM Carbon, 110mm boost, suspension correct, proprietary rack & accessory mounts
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole
- Bontrager Chupacabra, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano SLX M7000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Aeffect, 30T Direct Mount Narrow Wide
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-46, 11 speed
- Shimano HG-601
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Drop Line 125, internal routing, 31.6mm (15.5: Drop Line 100)
- Bontrager Crivitz, 31.8mm
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- 17.5 - 14.11 kg / 31.1 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|