It's right for you if...
You want to up the adventure level on your recreational rides, and want a fast and rugged hybrid bike with quality parts that will withstand daily commutes, fitness rides on light trails, rail trail tours and more.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, an SR Suntour NEX suspension fork with a lockout feature, a Shimano drivetrain with 27 speeds and a wide range of gearing, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, Tubeless Ready rims, puncture-resistant Bontrager LT2 Comp Hard-Case Lite tyres, rack and mudguard mounts, DuoTrap S compatibility and a Blendr stem for easy accessory integration.
The final word
Dual Sport 3 is fast and efficient on the road and confident and capable on dirt trails. It has upgrades on the parts that make the biggest difference in performance, like the higher-quality Shimano drivetrain with 27 speeds, Tubeless Ready rims and puncture-resistant tyres.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The fork's lockout feature ensures that you're always riding efficiently: close it for smooth road surfaces, open it up on rougher trails
- A wide range of gearing means that you never have to pedal too hard or too soft, even on the biggest hills
- Why choose between the road and trail? Dual Sport is a versatile hybrid that excels on a variety of terrain
- It's easy to accessorise your frame with racks, a kickstand, mudguards, lights and more!
- DuoTrap S compatibility makes it easy to wirelessly track your rides, so you can set goals and watch yourself reach them
The Dual Sport difference
Trek Dual Sport bikes are the right solution for the multi-purpose rider, designed from the ground up for weekday-to-weekend versatility. You’ll feel the difference! Comfortable, capable geometry and ergonomic features are essential for the frequent rider. And tyre selection is Dialed for mixed use: fast & efficient on pavement, capable & confident on dirt.
Alpha Gold Aluminium frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Massive tyre clearance
Accommodates 700x35c tyres with mudguards, or a 29"x1.8" MTB tyre without mudguards.
Rack & mudguard ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
Shock-absorbing fork allows the front wheel to travel up and down over bumps while the handlebars stay steady, for a comfortable, controlled ride.
Allows you to lock out the suspension fork for efficient riding on smooth terrain.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power even in wet and muddy conditions.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tyre pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tyres help keep punctures from slowing you down.
Specially designed grips take your hand shape into account for more comfort and greater control.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, rack and mudguard mounts
- SR Suntour NEX, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, 63mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 32h
- Bontrager LT2, Hard-Case Lite, 700x38c
- Shimano Acera M3000, 9-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Acera
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Alivio T4000
- Shimano Acera M371, 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG20, 11-34, 9-speed
- KMC X9
- Resin body, alloy cage
- Bontrager H1
- Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite Elite, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Shimano M315 hydraulic disc
- 19" - 13.73 kg/30.27 lb
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
196.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.2" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|