It's right for you if...
You need a smooth-riding, low-maintenance commuter bike capable of taking on the city streets with you. Whether that ride is to work, the grocery store or happy hour, this bike should be able to get you there safely and in style.
The tech you get
The Loft 7i EQ deftly handles the rigours of the road with 700c wheels and an upright riding position for comfort and control. This lightweight city bike sports a Shimano Nexus 7-speed internal gear hub, alloy dual pivot calliper brakes, front and rear LED lights, painted mudguards and alloy rear rack.
The final word
The Loft is a lightweight commuter bike that will go from your flat to an espresso in two minutes flat. Big on fun, low on maintenance, this bike was made for the city and everything that comes with it. Nimble, lightweight and sure to turn heads, you'll always arrive in style on a Loft 7i EQ.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Choose the frame geometry that's right for you: step-over or step-thru, with a lower standover height for easy on and off manoeuvrability.
- The foot-forward, upright riding position provide optimum speed, comfort and control.
- Choose from a variety of colours.
- Customise your Loft and make it your own. Add a front basket for storage, a bell so they hear you coming and cup holder for your morning coffee.
- Top it off with an Electra helmet and arrive fashionably safe.
Shimano Revo Shifter
The Shimano Revo Shifter allows you to change gears with ease and precision by the simple twist of your wrist.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Equipped, or 'EQ' as we say at Electra, simply means that your ride comes with some sweet added benefits. Colour-matched mudguards keep you clean and dry while front and rear LED lights help you see and be seen.
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 7 speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedalling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
- 6061-T6 aluminium w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Shimano Nexus Dynamo 32h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed internal F/W 32h
- Double-wall alloy, 700x32h
- 700x35c city tread
- Shimano Revo 7-speed twist shifter
- Forged alloy, 170 mm w/44t, alloy chain guard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge 68 mm/116 mm
- KMC Z7 nickel plated
- Alloy platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Retro leatherette dual spring
- Alloy micro-adjust 27.2 x 300 mm
- Alloy custom bend 30mm rise
- Hand-stitched leatherette
- Steel 25.4 mm quill
- Head set
- 1" steel threaded
- Brake set
- Front/rear: alloy dual pivot calliper
- Front light
- Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Battery-operated LED
- Ring lock mounts, water bottle/accessory mounts, painted chain guard, stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 15.9 kg / 35 lb
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & Tech
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
167.6 - 190.5 cm
5'6.0" - 6'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|