It's right for you if...
You embrace the weirdness of 29+ tires and appreciate the simplicity of a hardtail. You're willing to spend a little more for nicer parts because you know they're more precise and offer extra adjustability.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame and stout RockShox Yari RL fork with 120mm of travel, Stranglehold dropouts, a dropper post to make the steep stuff a little less sketchy, and a SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with a larger 50-tooth cog for easier climbing. Plus, it has 29x3˝ Bontrager XR2 Team Issue tires that keep you connected to the trail and Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc brakes for reliable all-weather stopping power even when the trail gets wild.
The final word
Stache 7 blends value and performance with big fun. It's trimmed with high-quality parts where it really counts, like in the suspension and drivetrain, so it won't destroy your wallet but it won't leave you wanting more either.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Stache 7 delivers awesome 29+ performance at a no-nonsense price
- The RockShox Yari fork has a stiff chassis with 35mm stanchions for when you're plowing through the rough on Stache 7's super-sized wheels
- Stache is super versatile and equally at home on multi-day bikepacking trips as it is on rough singletrack
- We're not the only ones who love it: DirtRag says, "[Stache] is the most fun bike I rode this year, and fun is where it's at."
- It's super easy to go tubeless with the included Tubeless Ready tires, rim strips, and valves
29+ is a wider 3" tyre that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits that you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
How do you fit a 29" tyre without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the drive-side chainstay up and out of the way.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Boost148, Midstay, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry
- RockShox Yari RC, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 120mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost148
- SUN Ringle Duroc 50 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves included
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle Dub, 30T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- DUB PF92
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Dropper post, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Line, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- M - 13.15 kg / 29 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|