It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, an efficient 2x8 drivetrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, a saddle designed for women, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain, plus a suspension fork with a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
Performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims, and hydraulic disc brakes. It's also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wide range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Fit for every rider
Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
High tech, high value
Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Rear kickstand mount
Chainstay mounts make it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout,100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve
- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M315, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Shimano M315, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Shimano HG31, 11-34, 8 speed
- KMC Z8.3, 8 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Ajna Women's
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Brake set
- Tektro HD-M276 hydraulic disc
- S - 13.63 kg / 30.05 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|