It's right for you if...
Your attitude is that mountain biking should be, above all else, a ridiculous amount of fun. You want a base for your build that matches your fun-loving approach to the trail, with the versatility to run a full drivetrain or a singlespeed setup.
The tech you get
A trail-tough Alpha Platinum Aluminum frameset with super-short chainstays that give you the ability to pop off jumps and toss the bike around corners. Stache AL Frameset includes Stranglehold Dropouts so you can fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed. It has internal derailleur and dropper post routing, a PF92 bottom bracket, a headset, and is designed for disc brakes and Boost148 29+ wheels.
The final word
Stache AL Frameset is the first step to more fun on the trail. The short chainstays deliver a lively ride and quick acceleration. Build it up with 29+ mid-fat tires for relentless traction.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Stache is super versatile and equally at home on multi-day bikepacking trips as it is on rough singletrack
- The super-short chainstays make it really easy to show off your wheelie skills
- We're not the only ones who love it: DirtRag says, "[Stache] is the most fun bike I rode this year, and fun is where it's at."
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, elevated midstay, Stranglehold dropouts, Boost148
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- M - 2.08 kg / 4.58 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|