It's right for you if...
You're a mountain biker's mountain biker, and you want a big bike with big wheels to roll over big things that get between you and the next big hit. This bike is both fully capable of handling enduro races, and a whole lot of fun on rowdy trails.
The tech you get
A trail-tough Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, a 160mm RockShox Yari RC fork, and 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe shock with Trek's ultra-responsive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement.
The final word
Slash 8 puts serious enduro performance within reach with smart choices on spec that won't empty your wallet. The Alpha Aluminum frame, burly suspension, and 1x12 Eagle drivetrain makes for a ride that's equally at home on the race course and on a big, backwoods session.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild—Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
You might also like
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, ISCG 05, 150mm travel
- RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR5 front, XR4 rear, Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.6 front, 29x2.40 rear˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 27.5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 14.20 kg / 31.3 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|