It's right for you if...
You like getting rowdy on rough trails. Your wheels leave the ground often, and you want an alloy bike that's durable enough to handle whatever you throw at it. You don't shy away from gnarly trails. Your bike shouldn't either.
The tech you get
A light and tough Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, an upgraded 160mm RockShox Lyrik Select Plus fork with a plush DebonAir spring and Charger 2 RC damper that gives you more adjustment and control, and 150mm of rear travel with an exclusive RE:aktiv rear shock. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain, SRAM Guide R four-piston hydraulic disc brakes for more stopping power, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement.
The final word
It's our highest-end aluminum Remedy. The durable alloy frame, 27.5˝ wheels, and premium suspension make it the perfect ride to dish out and stand up to some serious abuse on the trail. If you're measuring your rides in rad per dollar, you won't do better than Remedy 8.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This is our best blend of performance and value in the Remedy family: an Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with the same spec as much higher-end bikes makes this model a smokin' deal
- RE:aktiv damping keeps the shock firm for efficient pedaling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- It surfs down rough trails and conquers jumps with sure-footed confidence, then flies back to the top with its extra low 50-tooth climbing gear
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
You might also like
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, ISCG 05, 150mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Lyrik RC, DebonAir, Charger 2 damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.60˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 14.06 kg / 31 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|