It's right for you if...
You're a mountain biker through and through, and want a single carbon bike for the best performance on everything from XC races to gnarly descents and technical trail. You know you'll be riding this bike on every trail, so you're not going to compromise on frame material, suspension, or components.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with full carbon stays, Bontrager Line Carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for instant engagement, a 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain with a carbon crank, a 130mm FOX Factory Float fork, and 130mm rear travel with a FOX Factory rear shock featuring Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft. Plus, a Bontrager Line dropper post, 35mm Bontrager Line Pro OCLV Carbon handlebar.
The final word
If you can have just one mountain bike, this is it. Fuel EX 9.9 has high-end parts on the best OCLV Mountain Carbon frame we make. It's equally at home on fast singletrack, gnarly trail, and everything in-between.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Fuel EX 9.9 is the single best choice for riders who want a versatile ripper for every kind of mountain biking, from fast XC races to burly technical terrain
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Fuel EX 9.9 hits the sweet spot for high-end performance: you get the best frame and suspension with a premium parts group chosen for value
- Make it yours: it's fully customizable through Project One
You might also like
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Factory 34 Float, FIT4 3-position damper, tapered steerer, Kashima Coat, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM X01 Eagle carbon DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada Pro, carbon rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano Deore XT M8020 4-piston hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 12.19 kg / 26.87 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|