It's right for you if...
You want a single carbon trail bike that can take on every adventure, from singletrack to the gnarliest descents and multi-stage endurance events. You prioritize a lightweight frame and performance suspension over the highest-end drivetrain available.
The tech you get
A lightweight and stiff full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Carbon Armor, a 140mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork, 130mm of rear travel with a FOX Float Performance rear shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, a wide-range 1x12 SRAM NX/GX Eagle drivetrain, a Bontrager Line dropper post, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels, and powerful Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes. An internal storage compartment and Control Freak cable routing add to the bike's capability and sleek look.
The final word
Fuel EX full suspension performance on a lightweight and trail-tough carbon frame makes for a fun and fast ride. This rugged, capable bike sails down descents and helps you hang tough during fatiguing marathon rides.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Don't confuse Fuel EX 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market—this bike provides an outstanding frame and suspension, with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
- This bike is perfect for shredding singletrack, hitting drops, and pushing your limits in multi-stage and marathon events
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝, and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, BITS internal storage, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130mm travel
- Fox Rhythm 34, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP damper, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Kabolt axle, 140mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle, DUB, 32T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Line, alloy, 35mm, 27.5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Shimano MT420 4-piston hydraulic disc
- M - 14.27 kg / 31.47 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|