It's right for you if...
You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable, and responsive so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding. You prefer the fit and feel of a women's mountain bike, and want dependable parts, versatility, and confidence-inspiring 27.5˝ mid-fat wheels at a great value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with a lower standover height on the 14˝ and 15.5˝ frame sizes, a saddle designed specifically for women, narrower bars for a better fit and more control, and 27.5+ tires for traction on rugged trails. Plus, Boost148/110 hub spacing for added strength and tire clearance, a durable 1x10 Shimano drivetrain, and fully adjustable RockShox air suspension.
The final word
If you want full suspension performance without the full suspension price tag, Fuel EX 5 Women's is it. Women's specific touchpoints, 130mm of travel, advanced suspension tech, and a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain make for an ideal intro to the world of full suspension trail riding.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Unrelenting confidence: this bike lets you ride sections you never thought you'd be able to clean
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but want to do explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- Want to learn more about our Women's Specific Design philosophy? Check it out here
You might also like
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (14˝ and 15.5˝) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (17.5˝ and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel (lower standover on 14" and 15.5" sizes)
- Front suspension
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 140mm travel (14 & 15.5: 120mm travel)
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 210x52.5mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Alex MD35, 32-hole double-walled, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance, Tubeless Ready, 27.5x2.80˝
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 30T Cinch (direct mount)
- Bottom bracket
- SunRace, 11-42, 10 speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 720mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- S - 15.11 kg / 33.32 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
147.0 - 155.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.0"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|