It's right for you if...
Your little shredder is ready to hop off the neighborhood streets and onto the trail, and you want to get them started the right way with a real-deal mountain bike that builds skills and confidence from the outset. If you're looking to teach your little one the wisdom of the trail, there's no better teaching tool than Roscoe.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Gold Aluminum frame with a sloping top tube for added clearance, 24˝ wheels with mid-fat 2.8˝ tires for added traction and stability, a 1x8 Shimano drivetrain with a wide-range cassette for hills and technical sections, mechanical disc brakes, and loads of thoughtful details borrowed from adult MTB tech, like a closed front dropout and a tucked-in rear brake caliper so when kids drop their Roscoe it doesn't mean an automatic trip to the shop for a replacement part.
The final word
Give a kid a Roscoe and you'll make a mountain biker for life. Mid-fat tires and a wealth of kid-specific design details make this bike the perfect introduction to the trail. If your little one is ready to tag along when you hit the singletrack, this is the kid-friendly set-up that's made to build confidence, skills, and a healthy obsession with the world's greatest activity.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- There's no family outing as fun as a trail session, and Roscoe is the ideal kids' bike for building great memories
- This isn't a small adult bike—it's built from the ground up for kids, by people who know exactly what works for them and what doesn't
- When you're learning to ride, simplicity is best: a 1x8 drivetrain lets kids focus on keeping the rubber side down
- The kid-specific frame geometry has a sloping top tube that makes it easier to hop on and off
- The rear brake caliper is tucked into the frame to help prevent damage from laying the bike down
You might also like
Alpha Aluminum frame
Trek's lightweight, high-performance aluminum is durable and rustproof.
Simple shifting is the best way to teach a kid to ride a real mountain bike.
Quality components mean this bike is ready to shred the singletrack, on race day or every day.
Wider 2.8" tires
Wider tires instill confidence and control on the trail.
- 24˝ Dialed frame size, Alpha Gold Aluminum
- Dialed 24˝, alloy
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 Alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula D22 alloy, Boost141
- 24˝ 28-hole, alloy
- Cheng-Shin, 24x2.8˝
- Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX80
- Alloy, 28T
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- SunRun cassette, 11-34T, 8 speed
- KMC Z51
- Dialed 9/16˝, platform
- Dialed 24˝ size, padded
- Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Dialed, Kraton
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer and light mounts
- VP 1-1/8˝, semi-Integrated
- Tektro M280 mechanical disc
- 11.68 kg / 25.75 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 170 pounds (77 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
86.0 - 102.0 cm
2'9.9" - 3'4.2"
99.0 - 117.0 cm
3'3.0" - 3'10.1"
114.0 - 132.0 cm
3'8.9" - 4'4.0"
130.0 - 150.0 cm
4'3.2" - 4'11.1"
146.0 - 160.0 cm
4'9.5" - 5'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||H — Chainstay length||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|