It's right for you if...
You want your fat bike to feel like your traditional mountain bike. Or, you're riding a fat bike year-round and want to put your money into the parts that really matter, like a workhorse drivetrain and a quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with Stranglehold dropouts, an 80mm Manitou Mastodon suspension fork with an air spring and lockout feature, a dropper post for getting low, a wide-range SRAM NX/SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, SUNringlé Mulefüt wheels paired with a 108T Rapid Drive hub for instant engagement, and extra-grippy, studdable Bontrager Gnarwhal TLR tires.
The final word
This fat bike handles like a traditional trail bike, and it can rip through even crazier stuff, like snow and sand. You're getting a great frame and solid parts group, but you're really paying for the incredible capability of the Manitou Mastodon fork.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- If you thought that fat bikes were sluggish, this one will change your mind
- The combination of the Manitou Mastodon fork and wide, beefy tires make it easy to charge through snowy trails and rock gardens alike
- It's a four-season freedom machine that lets you ride outside all year long
- Stranglehold Dropouts lets you fine-tune your geometry—run it long for stability, or shorter for more nimbler handling
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
You might also like
27.5" fat tires
More efficient 27.5" fat tires keep you rolling faster, especially on groomed or packed snow.
Rapid Drive 108 rear hub
With 108 points of engagement, Rapid Drive gives you nearly instant acceleration instead of a clunky lag when you step on the pedals. You get smooth, immediate power to blast out of corners and hammer through the rough stuff. And that extra pedal ratchet adds control that can make all the difference when tackling a tricky climb.
Use the remote lever to lower your saddle so it's out of your way when you're descending and cornering.
Tubeless Ready wheels & tires
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. Just add TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack mounts, 197x12mm Stranglehold adjustable thru axle dropouts
- Manitou Mastodon 34 Comp, air spring, ABS damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 51mm offset, 150x15mm thru axle, 80mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, 15x150mm thru axle
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, 108T Rapid Drive, Shimano 10 freehub, 197x12mm thru axle
- SUNRingle Mulefut 80 SL, 32-hole cutout
- Bontrager Gnarwhal Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, studdable, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x4.50" front, 27.5x3.80" rear
- SRAM SX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM X1 1000 Eagle, DUB, 30T alloy FAT 5 ring
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 121mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 12 speed
- SRAM SX Eagle, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 425mm length
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- M - 16.25 kg / 35.82 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|