It's right for you if...
You want your fat bike to feel like your traditional mountain bike. Or, you're riding a fat bike year-round and want to put your money into the parts that really matter, like a performance drivetrain and a quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with Stranglehold dropouts, an 80mm Manitou Mastodon suspension fork with an air spring and lockout feature, a wide-range SRAM NX/SX 1x12 drivetrain, SRAM Level T brakes, a dropper post, and SUNringlé Mulefüt wheels paired with a 108T Rapid Drive hub for instant engagement, and extra-grippy 27.5x4.5˝ Bontrager Gnarwhal TLR tires.
The final word
This is a fat bike that rides with the handling characteristics of a traditional trail bike—only it's a lot more versatile. You're getting a great frame and a performance parts group, but you're really paying for the incredible capability of the Manitou Mastodon fork.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- If you were under the impression that fat bikes were sluggish, this bike will change your mind
- The combination of the Manitou Mastodon fork and 4.5˝ tires make it easy to charge through snowy trails and rock gardens alike
- It's a four-season freedom machine that lets you ride outside all year long
- The 27.5x4.5˝ tires deliver more speed and traction than their 26˝ counterparts
You might also like
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Tubeless Ready wheels & tires
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. Just add TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack mounts, PF121, 197mm Stranglehold adjustable thru axle dropouts
- Manitou Mastodon 34 Comp, air spring, ABS damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 150x15mm thru axle, 80mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, 150x15
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, 197x12
- SUNringlé Mulefut 80 SL 32-hole cutout, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager Gnarwhal, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x4.50˝ (15.5˝ & 17.5˝ rear tire: Bontrager Barbegazi, 27.5x3.80˝)
- SRAM SX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM X1 1000 Eagle, DUB, FAT 5 30T alloy ring
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit 121mm
- SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM SX Eagle, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 425mm length
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- M - 16.25 kg / 35.82 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|