It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a seriously capable long-travel carbon e-MTB and you want nothing but the best. Your bike better have wireless electronic components, a high-end suspension setup, and a powerful Bosch system that’ll fly up grinders in a flash.
The tech you get
A light and durable OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with carbon stays that fully encases a 625Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160mm RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork with Charger 2 RC2 damper, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Kiox controller. A 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain, RockShox Reverb AXS dropper post, Shimano XT 4-piston brakes, a carbon handlebar, and Bontrager Line Carbon 30 29er wheels with Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tires.
The final word
Rail 9.9 is all about top performance tech. The latest wireless electronic components, RockShox's best enduro fork, Bosch's most powerful battery and full-color controller. Plus, the light OCLV Mountain carbon frame is trimmed with lots of carbon parts, including the wheels and crank.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- The full-color Bosch Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth-enabled devices, and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain is smart, smooth, and completely wireless
You might also like
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller, and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It's also more efficient so you can go farther on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It's a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
Complete Tubeless System
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. You're ready to roll right out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 RC2 damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir spring, RE:aktiv w/Thru Shaft damper, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, 6-bolt, SRAM XD driverBoost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM Eagle AXS, wireless, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle AXS
- E*thirteen E*spec Race carbon, 34T
- SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138mm width
- RockShox Reverb AXS, wireless, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor
- Bosch PowerTube, 625Wh
- Bosch Kiox with Anti-theft solution
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75Nm, magnesium body, 20mph max assist
- M - 21.65 kg / 47.74 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|