It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a super capable long-travel e-MTB that’s built to conquer techy runs and big drops just as cleanly as analog trail bikes. You want the light weight and responsive ride of an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame.
The tech you get
A light and durable OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with carbon stays that fully encases a 625Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160mm RockShox Yari RC fork, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line dropper post, Shimano 4-piston brakes, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels.
The final word
Rail 9.7 hits the sweet spot of carbon performance and amazing value. It’s spec'd with quality trail-specific parts and a powerful Bosch drive system so you can send it through the rough stuff and motor right back up for another run.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain—no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
You might also like
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller, and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It's also more efficient so you can go farther on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It's a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
Complete Tubeless System
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. You're ready to roll right out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel
- RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM NX Eagle single-click, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM X1 1000, 34T
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mb, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, 625Wh
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75Nm, magnesium body, 20mph max assist
- M - 22.15 kg / 48.84 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|