It's right for you if...
You need speed. You live for it. You dream about it. And when you're on the mountain, you're gonna get after it. You want a faster-rolling 29˝ wheels, a carbon frame, and the latest DH tech out there.
The tech you get
Session 29 is built with an ultralight and ultra-durable OCLV Mountain Carbon, 190mm rear travel with a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH shock, Carbon Armor, and integrated frame protection like built-in bumpers for a double-crown fork. Plus, it has frame tech that lets you dial your geometry, like Mino Link and the included fixed-angle headset cups.
The final word
This is the fastest downhill bike we make. This 29er-optimized carbon ride is great for rolling over the rough stuff and getting to the finish line with plenty of time to spare.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- We put a whole lot into this bike, including nearly a decade of research and development by engineers and designers who wanted to break the mold of DH capability and speed—and they succeeded
- Session 29 is taking downhill to a new place, and it's leading the charge on the World Cup circuit among the very first 29er DH bikes
- Mino Link and fixed-angle headset cups let you adjust your geometry for the exact handling you want
You might also like
Sometimes you need a little extra protection, so we developed our light, tough external Carbon Armor polymer shield. It provides reassurance when you know your down tube is bound to take some abuse.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, tapered head tube, integrated frame protection, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ISCG mount, ABP, 12x157mm thru axle, 190mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH, 225x70mm
- FSA Orbit, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8? top, 1.5? bottom (includes geometry adjust angled cups)
- M - 3.24 kg / 7.14 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|