It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fast mountain bike for singletrack—one that's fully capable of taking on races, marathons, and competitive group rides. You want something that is reliable and fun with dependable, lightweight parts.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame, a RockShox 30 Silver suspension fork with a lockout and an air spring that's lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring, Bontrager Kovee Tubeless Ready wheels with Boost141 hub spacing, and a smooth, efficient Shimano Deore/XT 2x10 drivetrain with a Shimano XT Shadow rear derailleur, which stays tucked out of the way to avoid snagging on trail debris.
The final word
With X-Caliber 8, you're getting a performance frame paired with performance parts, like a RockShox air fork and a rear derailleur that's the gold standard for MTB performance and reliability. Plus, it's equipped with durable, lightweight alloy rims that save weight and are easy to upgrade to tubeless.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It has the price of a more basic hardtail and the performance of a more expensive one
- The RockShox air fork can be tuned to the rider's weight, so you always have a custom ride that's right for you
- The frame is fully compatible with higher-end parts, like race wheels and a dropper post, if you ever find the need to upgrade
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames)
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Alpha Gold Aluminum
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Gold Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack & kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- RockShox 30 Silver, Solo Air, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 LW alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2241, Boost141
- Bontrager Kovee 28-hole Tubeless Ready, tubeless rim strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Deore M617
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M781, Shadow
- Race Face Ride, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano BB52, 73mm
- Shimano HG50, 11-36, 10 speed
- KMC X10
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: 690mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Semi-integrated, cartridge, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 13.43 kg / 29.6 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|