It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a do-it-all full suspension mountain bike that's efficient and fast yet capable of hitting some bigger stuff. You want the performance boost of a carbon frame, and you plan to put this bike through its paces on rough trails, occasional XC races, and endurance or stage races.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 120mm RockShox Reba RL fork with Motion Control damper, 115mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Float shock, and a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain. Plus, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Dropper, and Tubeless Ready Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 wheels.
The final word
Top Fuel 9.7 is an efficient and capable short-travel carbon trail bike that's ideal for endurance racing, yet also at home on technical trails and XC courses. What sets this model apart is the lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame and solid parts spec that make for great performance at a great value.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The full carbon frame gives you a light, responsive ride
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension setup that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defense to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
"Racing blood, trail spirit"
"It's devilishly quick, accelerates in a way that makes it seem like my legs actually produce real power. It's stable, planted, and it tracks like it's supposed to. Endurance athletes will be able to remain seated over more terrain, saving precious energy over the long haul, while XC pinners will hook up better on steep technical climbs."Read more
"Super light and fast as hell"
"The new Top Fuel might not be a pure XC-race bike anymore, but it's still precise and very fast. Its new trail orientation makes it a great choice for a rider who wants a fast and light bike with most of the the efficiency of a cross-country race bike, but with bit more versatility and playfulness."Read more
You might also like
Complete Tubeless System
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. You're ready to roll right out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115mm travel
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote, tapered steerer, 46mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 120mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, 2-postion DPS damper, TwistLoc remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45mm
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120tpi, 29x2.40"
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 32T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Bontrager Montrose Comp, steel rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- SRAM TwistLoc
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Shimano hydraulic disc, MT501 lever, MT500 caliper
- 12.63 kg / 27.85 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|