It's right for you if...
You're new to XC mountain biking and want the speed and efficiency of a full suspension bike. Or, you want an upgrade in performance over your hardtail and want a serious amount of smart racer spec for your money.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, a 100mm RockShox Recon RL fork, FOX rear shock, and a TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout. Plus, a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc brakes, and Boost148/110 Tubeless Ready Bontrager Kovee Comp 23 wheels.
The final word
Top Fuel 8 is a performance full suspension XC bike at a great value. A lightweight aluminum frame, a great suspension package, and a solid parts group add up to a fast ride that can't be beaten for this price.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Top Fuel 8 gets you into the world of fast XC riding and racing at a great value
- More than fast, it's also capable: Top Fuel 8 is great for racing and can double as a light trail bike on more rugged terrain
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Internal cable routing opens the door for upgrades like a dropper post
"Super light and fast as hell"
"The new Top Fuel might not be a pure XC-race bike anymore, but it's still precise and very fast. Its new trail orientation makes it a great choice for a rider who wants a fast and light bike with most of the the efficiency of a cross-country race bike, but with bit more versatility and playfulness."Read more
"More than just race-winning performance"
"It's a seriously rapid bike, and it responds well to roots and rocks, allowing you to keep the power on rather than having to ease back. It manages a fine line between a taut and lithe XC race machine and a bike that most riders would be happy to use for general trail duty."Read more
"Racing blood, trail spirit"
"It's devilishly quick, accelerates in a way that makes it seem like my legs actually produce real power. It's stable, planted, and it tracks like it's supposed to. Endurance athletes will be able to remain seated over more terrain, saving precious energy over the long haul, while XC pinners will hook up better on steep technical climbs."Read more
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, down tube guard, PF92, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100mm travel
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote lockout, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float DPS, 2-position remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5x1.5˝
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- M - 12.70 kg / 28 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|