It's right for you if...
Comfort is king. You want to ride roads and paths on a bike that keeps you in a more upright posture and has comfort-forward details like a padded seat, a Lowstep geometry, and the widest, most stable tires in the hybrid bike family.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with a lowstep design that makes it especially easy to mount and dismount, 21 speeds to help you conquer varied terrain, ergonomic grips, a Bontrager padded saddle, wider 45c tires for added stability, powerful disc brakes, and a geometry that keeps you in a comfortable, upright riding posture.
The final word
Verve 1 Disc Lowstep delivers quality comfort at an unbeatable value. The lightweight frame, impressive braking power, durable parts, and comfort-forward design make Verve 1 Disc Lowstep a great choice for anyone who wants to get more enjoyment out of recreational rides.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Verve's upright geometry puts you in the perfect position to see the world around you
- This bike brings people together—attach a trailer and tow your kids, meet up with friends to cruise the bike path, or commute to the office with coworkers
- The lowstep frame design makes it easy to hop on and go, and hop off when your ride is over
- Disc brakes perform well in any weather, let you slow down or stop faster, and require less effort to activate than rim brakes
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by Trek's Lifetime warranty, which means you get a companion for life
You might also like
Alpha Aluminum frame
Trek’s high-performance Alpha Aluminum is shaped and tuned for unmatched ride quality.
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Mechanical disc brakes
Reliable stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
Easy-on, easy-off stepthrough frame is perfect for anybody not interested in slinging a leg over the top tube.
- Alpha Gold Aluminum, low-step design, DuoTrap S compatible, disc brake, rack & fender mounts, 135x5mm QR
- Steel, disc, rack mounts, 415mm axle-to-crown, ThruSkew 5mm QR
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC31 alloy, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, alloy, double-wall, 32-hole, schrader valve
- Bontrager H5, wire bead, 30 tpi, 700x45c
- Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY510, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28, chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC55P, 68mm, threaded
- SunRace MFM300 freewheel, 14-34, 7 speed
- KMC Z51
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Boulevard
- Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Trek Urban alloy, comfort sweep, 25.4mm, 45mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite
- Bontrager quill, 25.4mm clamp, 25 degree
- 1-1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor
- S - 13.59 kg / 29.96 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
147.0 - 156.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.4"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|