It's right for you if...
Raining cats and dogs? That doesn't keep you from riding. You want a high-value hybrid bike with the superior all-weather stopping power of disc brakes, plus a lightweight frame and reliable parts that will hold up over time.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame, Tektro hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, a Shimano drivetrain with 24 speeds and a wide range of gearing so you're never pedaling too hard or too soft, and mounts for racks, fenders, lights, a kickstand, and more!
The final word
FX 2 Disc is versatile hybrid bike with parts that perform on training rides, trips to the market, or your morning commute. It has endless options for accessories, but what really sets this model apart is the disc brakes, which provide great stopping power in all weather conditions.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- More confident braking means bad weather doesn't have to keep you from enjoying your ride
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting, or cruising to the farmer's market to pick up groceries
- FX is your platform for personalization—add a rack and fenders, lights, a kickstand, and more!
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by a lifetime warranty and supported by a wide network of retail partners
You might also like
Alpha Gold Aluminum frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
Specially designed grips take your hand shape into account for more comfort and greater control.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminum, DuoTrap S compatible, post-mount disc, rack & fender mounts
- FX Alloy Disc w/tapered wall thickness, straight blades
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection Disc alloy, 32h
- Bontrager H2, 700x35c
- Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY71
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M360
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 68mm
- Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8 speed
- KMC Z7
- Bontrager Satellite City pedal
- Bontrager Sport
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc
- M - 12.08 kg / 26.64 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
196.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.2" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|