It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fun, quality bike that is both comfortable and stylish. Or maybe it's your first time riding since being a kid. Or you just want to get outside on two wheels more. With our patented Flat Foot Technology®, you’ll experience the comfort and control of our unique frame geometry in great colors to choose from.
The tech you get
Shimano Revo twist shifter transitions through 7 gears, allowing you to climb hills with ease. Linear-pull brakes control deceleration and 26" tires roll smooth for a cushy ride. Color matched fenders keep you clean in all weather conditions while front and rear lights keep you safe.
The final word
The Townie® is the best-selling bike in the U.S. for a reason. Once you ride a Townie everything else is just a bike. It provides the utmost in comfort, style and quality. Take a test ride and feel the Electra difference. With a variety of bold colors to choose from and features that will help you go the distance, the Townie Collection offers something for everyone.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Schwalbe Big Apple 26" tires with a puncture-resistant casing roll smooth and stable over most surfaces.
- Linear-pull brakes help control your roll with easy-stopping.
- Enjoy the ride on our cushy, ergonomic and shock absorbent elastomer saddle.
- Enjoy as-is, or personalize your ride with Electra accessories and make it your own with fenders, a basket or bell.
You might also like
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Alloy Linear-Pull Brakes
These easy-to-use, low-maintenance brakes stop by the force of friction powered by squeezing the brake lever and therefore the wheel's rim. Thanks, physics.
Derailleur Gear System
Derailleur or "D" refers to an external shifting mechanism. It consists of a chain, multiple precision sprockets and a derailleur to "derail" the chain from one sprocket to another. It allows for quick transitions and more gearing options. Just remember to pedal while shifting and you're good to go!
Equipped, or "EQ" as we say at Electra, simply means your ride comes with some sweet added benefits. Color-matched fenders keep you clean and dry while front and rear LED lights help you see and be seen.
Ergonomic Saddle & Grips
In addition to the pedals, the saddle and grips are the only places you come in direct contact with your bike. Your comfort is our number one priority.
Internal Cable Routing
Who wants to see a bunch of wires and cables hanging off of your bike? This isn't the back of your TV we're talking about. That's why we've concealed all of your wires and cables inside the bike's frame.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/ patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Shimano Nexus Dynamo, 32h
- Rear hub
- Alloy low flange 32h w/ QR
- Double-wall alloy 26" × 32h painted w/ machined sidewalls (select models)
- Electra custom 26" x 2.00" w/ reflective stripe
- Shimano Revo 7-speed twist w/ optical gear display
- Front derailleur
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano TX-35 7-speed
- Forged alloy 170 mm w/ steel 44t chainring w/ double chainguards
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge 68 mm/118 mm
- Shimano 7-speed 14-34t
- KMC Z7 nickel plated
- Resin platform w/ non-slip tread
- Ergonomic w/ shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy 27.2 mm x 400 mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra hand-stitched
- Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Front/rear: cold-forged alloy linear-pull
- Front light
- Hub dynamo powered Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Hub dynamo powered Spanninga LED
- Internal cable routing, alloy kickstand, stainless steel and anti-rust hardware, painted alloy fenders and hub dynamo powered Spanninga front and rear LED lights
- 15.90 kg / 35 lbs
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
160.0 - 185.4 cm
5'3.0" - 6'1.0"
167.6 - 190.5 cm
5'6.0" - 6'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|