It's right for you if...
You know someone as amazing as yourself who wants to ride around town together. You appreciate the finer things in life, like belly laughs.
The tech you get
Get the best of both worlds with a step-over frame in the front, and step-thru position in the back, making the potentially awkward mount and dismount of a tandem somehow actually look cool. Components include a chromoly fork, Shimano Nexus Internal 7-speed gearing and front and rear roller brakes for smooth-braking.
The final word
Tandems aren't for everybody. They're for two bodies. And if you're looking to get one, it doesn't get much better than the Super Deluxe. The aluminum frame and quality components. The Flat Foot Technology. The awesome graphics. The goofy look on your face as you roll around town. It's the full package.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Riding is always better with a friend and it's basically impossible to not have fun on this bike.
- Electra Tandems have the design and quality we are known for, and provide better comfort and control making them easier to ride than traditional tandems.
- The Super Deluxe is colorful and fun. Just like you.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 7-speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedaling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
- Classic 6061-T6 alloy tandem w/ patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Chromoly unicrown
- Front hub
- Shimano Nexus BR-IM40 w/roller brake alloy 36h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed internal w/freewheel 36h
- Painted alloy
- RetroRunner 26 x 2.125"
- Shimano Nexus Revo 7-speed twist w/optical display
- Electra custom alloy 3-piece w/44T steel chainring
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- KMC S1 nickel plated
- Electra retro
- Electra low profile w/double-coil springs
- Classic alloy pillar
- Front: Electra café & rear: Electra custom tandem
- Hand-stitched leatherette
- Alloy classic
- 1 1/8" steel threaded
- Front and rear: Shimano BR-C6001 roller brake
- Painted fenders, integrated kickstand, stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 26.3 kg / 58 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
157.5 - 185.4 cm
5'2.0" - 6'1.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|