It's right for you if...
You hear words like 'gravel' and 'grit' and think, 'Bring it on'. You want to build up a single durable, ultra-versatile gravel bike that's ready for any adventure, including bikepacking, gravel races and commuting.
The tech you get
A 300 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with massive tyre clearance, adjustable Stranglehold dropouts that make it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run single-speed, Checkpoint carbon disc fork with hidden mudguard mounts and a cartridge-bearing headset. Built for 12mm thru-axles, flat-mount disc brakes and BB86.5 bottom bracket.
The final word
Build your gravel bike exactly the way you want. Checkpoint ALR Frameset gives you a solid head start on your dream build with a lightweight frame, carbon fork and gravel-specific details like extra mounts for endless customisation options.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 40 c for extra traction and stability in any condition
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water
- Internal routing protects your cables, even when the gravel gets muddy
- Stranglehold Dropouts make it easy to fine-tune your geometry or build it up as a singlespeed
Lightweight fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
A 12mm front thru axle makes steering more precise for more control, and the quick-release feature makes wheel removal easy.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, tapered head tube, BB86.5, flat-mount disc brakes, Stranglehold dropouts, 12 mm thru-axle, Control Freak, internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper
- Checkpoint carbon disc, alloy tapered steerer, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12 mm thru axle
- Max tyre size
- 45c Bontrager tyres (49 & 52cm: 40c due to toe overlap), with at least 4mm of clearance to frame
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- 56 cm - 2.44 kg/5.37 lb
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
158.0 - 163.0 cm
5'2.2" - 5'4.2"
74.0 - 77.0 cm
29.1" - 30.3"
162.0 - 169.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.5"
76.0 - 79.0 cm
29.9" - 31.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
78.0 - 82.0 cm
30.7" - 32.3"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
81.0 - 85.0 cm
31.9" - 33.5"
179.0 - 186.0 cm
5'10.5" - 6'1.2"
84.0 - 87.0 cm
33.1" - 34.3"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
86.0 - 90.0 cm
33.9" - 35.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|