It's right for you if...
You want comfort and control but aren't afraid to kick it up a notch. With a 9-speed derailleur, powerful disc brakes and larger tires, you'll be ready to roll wherever the road takes you. While the Townie Path 9D is more rugged, it's still comfy and easy to ride. Like they say, once a Townie, always a Townie. They say that, right?
The tech you get
Climb hills easily with a Shimano Alivio 9-speed derailleur and Acera Rapid Fire Plus shifter. Kenda 27.5" tires with K-Shield protection tackle terrain with better traction and control, while Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide smooth and reliable braking. Not that you’re going to want to stop anytime soon.
The final word
The Townie Path 9D is for the rider looking for a bike that is more capable. Larger 27.5" tires roll faster and provide better traction, allowing you to tackle more terrain and transition from paved roads to gravel with ease. Built for the rigors of the road, or a ride down to the coffee shop.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Comfort is key with a foot-forward pedal position, gel saddle and ergonomic grips.
- 9 speeds and hydraulic brakes provide smooth riding on a wider range of terrain.
- 27.5" puncture-resistant tires let you focus on the ride and avoid the dreaded flat.
- For more versatility, add a rear rack and basket to pack all the necessities for an awesome adventure.
Shimano Rapid Fire Plus Shifter
The Shimano Rapid Fire Plus Shifter precisely shifts through all gears with the push of a lever.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Derailleur Gear System
Derailleur or "D" refers to an external shifting mechanism. It consists of a chain, multiple precision sprockets and a derailleur to "derail" the chain from one sprocket to another. It allows for quick transitions and more gearing options. Just remember to pedal while shifting and you're good to go!
The larger 27.5 Kenda tires feature reflective sidewalls for better visibility and K-Shield protection to avoid the dreaded flat. A good tire is like a good shoe. It looks as good as it feels.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Alloy, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low flange w/6-bolt disc, 32h
- Rear hub
- Alloy low flange w/6-bolt disc, 32h
- Alloy double walled 27.5"x32h
- Kenda Kwik Seven.5 27.5" x 2.4" w/K-Shield protection and reflective stripe
- Shimano Acera Rapid Fire Plus
- Front derailleur
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Alivio 9-speed
- Forged alloy 170mm, 42t chainring w/double chainguards
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge 68mm/118mm
- Shimano 9-speed 11-36t
- KMC X9 nickel plated
- Resin platform w/grip tape tread
- Selle Royal Electra gel comfort saddle w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy micro-adjust 27.2x400mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra Townie custom ergo Kraton w/locking collars
- Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80 mm extension
- Head set
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Brake set
- Front/rear: Tektro hydraulic disc brake
- Internal cable routing and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 14.45 kg / 32 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & Tech
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
160.0 - 190.5 cm
5'3.0" - 6'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|