It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
The flagship model of the Marlin lineup has a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, a high-quality RockShox fork with a lockout feature and 100mm of travel, a 2x9 drivetrain, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur that's designed to avoid snagging on trail debris.
The final word
The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin lineup for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- All the value, plus all the versatility—it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
You might also like
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
Alpha Silver Aluminum
Our proprietary lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded to a single wall thickness for durable performance.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- RockShox XC 30, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, 46mm offset for 29" wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, presta valve
- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Shimano Altus M2010, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M2020, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow design, long cage
- Shimano MT101, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed
- KMC X9, 9 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.08 kg / 31.05 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|