It's right for you if...
You're likely to ride year-round, even when it's snowing, and want a fat tyre bike that gives you extraordinary capability and traction at great value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with Stranglehold dropouts, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, a Bontrager Haru carbon fork, a wide-range Shimano Deore 1x10 drive train, SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes and Tubeless Ready SUNringlé Mulefüt wheels paired with extra-grippy 27.5x4.5˝ Bontrager Gnarwhal TLR tyres.
The final word
Fat bikes are ridiculously fun. They're grippy and stable, but the best thing about them is that they get you outside in more seasons. If you're looking for a fun alternative to riding the roads or training through the winter, you won't find better value than Farley 5.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The Farley 5 is the perfect bike for breaking into the winter sports scene without breaking the bank
- It's an introductory model, but fully capable of taking on daily winter rides, fat bike races and even summer trails
- It's a four-season freedom machine that lets you ride outside all-year long
- The 27.5 x 4.5˝ tyres deliver more speed and traction than their 26˝ counterparts
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack mounts, PF121, 197 mm Stranglehold adjustable thru axle dropouts
- Bontrager Haru, OCLV Carbon lowers, tapered steerer, 100 mm suspension corrected, 15x150 mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, 150x15
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, 197x12
- SUNringlé Mulefut 80 SL 32-hole cutout, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager Gnarwhal, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x4.50˝ (15.5˝ & 17.5˝ rear tyre: Bontrager Barbegazi, 27.5x4.50˝)
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 28T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- Race Face Press Fit 121 mm
- Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Level hydraulic disc
- M - 14.20 kg / 31.31 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|