It's right for you if...
You like tyres that stick to the trail. You have an affection for traction and want the plush ride and extra capability of a full-suspension bike with the added benefit of plus-sized, Tubeless Ready tyres.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, mid-fat tyres for unrelenting traction, a 140 mm RockShox Recon RL fork and 130 mm of rear travel. Plus, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, 27.5x2.8˝ tyres, Alex MD35 rims and a reliable 1x10 Shimano Deore drivetrain with a wide range of gearing to tackle varying terrain.
The final word
If you're getting into mountain biking and looking for the one ride to give you a great experience, this is a great choice. Fuel EX 5 Plus is capable, versatile, durable and built to keep you rolling through the most technical trails with a huge smile on your face.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Unrelenting confidence: this bike lets you ride sections that you never thought you'd be able to clean
- Mid-fat tyres give you the traction to scamper up technical climbs and charge through rock gardens
- It's a lot of bike for the price, and the perfect platform for upgrades down the line
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 140 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 210x52.5 mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Alex MD35, 32-hole double-walled, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance, Tubeless Ready, 27.5x2.80˝
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 30T Cinch (direct mount)
- Bottom bracket
- SunRace, 11-42, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 15.10 kg / 33.3 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|