It's right for you if...
You're ready to log big miles, and you prefer the feel of a flat handlebar to the drop bars that come stock on most road bikes. You prioritize comfort and performance equally, and expect your bike to grow with you as you advance in speed and distance.
The tech you get
A lightweight 400 Series OCLV Carbon frame with a road-smoothing IsoSpeed decoupler, a carbon fork, a 20-speed Shimano Tiagra drivetrain, Tektro hydraulic flat mount disc brakes, hidden fender mounts, a Bontrager Montrose saddle, and a lightweight Bontrager alloy wheelset with front and rear thru-axles for better responsiveness and control.
The final word
A fitness bike that's every bit as fast and capable as the race bikes found in our road lineup. FX Sport 5 has quality parts that will hold up over serious miles, but real value of this model comes in the OCLV Carbon frame: it's light, fast, and it has IsoSpeed—a decoupler at the seat tube/top tube junction that absorbs fatiguing bumps from the road so you can stay stronger longer.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- All the performance of an advanced carbon road bike, with the comfort and control that comes from a flat handlebar
- On your left, roadie! FX Sport 5 is more than capable of taking on speedy group road rides
- You can pair FX with your smartphone and send your ride data to your favorite fitness app when you add DuoTrap S
- It's easy to accessorize with fenders, lights, and more!
Vanishing fender mounts
Discreet mounts accommodate full-coverage fenders for added utility.
IsoZone handlebar and grips
Suspension for your hands. Our exclusive vibration-damping IsoZone material absorbs road bumps and buzz, giving you more control and an incredibly comfortable ride.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for the road. No tubes mean there’s no pinch flats, allowing you to run lower tire pressure. With lower tire pressure you can increase traction, control. and comfort, reduce fatigue on you. Best of all, the tire sealant seals up punctures as soon as they happen!
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tires help keep flats from slowing you down.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Lightweight fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
- FX Sport 400 series OCLV carbon, IsoSpeed, 3s chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, flat mount disc, 12mm thru axle, hidden fender mounts
- FX carbon, flat mount disc, hidden fender mounts, 12mm thru axle
- Front hub
- Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru axle
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy centerlock, 142x12
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 28h
- Bontrager AW2 Hard-Case Lite, 700x32c, folding
- Shimano Tiagra rapid-fire, 10 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra
- Shimano Tiagra, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Press Fit BB86.5
- Shimano Tiagra, 11-34, 10 speed
- KMC X10
- VP nylon body w/alloy cage, toe-clip/strap
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset
- Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite IsoZone Plus, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Shimano MT-201, hydraulic disc
- M - 10.06 kg / 22.18 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
147.0 - 156.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.4"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|