It's right for you if...
You want the performance of carbon in a trail-shredding package. You love the quick handling of 27.5˝ wheels and the plush ride of a long travel bike, and want a durable parts group and a strong, light OCLV Mountain Carbon frame to handle whatever the trail can dish out.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with an alloy rear triangle for added value. Plus, a RockShox 160 mm Lyrik RC fork, 150 mm rear travel with an ultra-responsive RE:aktiv shock, a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement and a Bontrager Line dropper post.
The final word
A stiff carbon frame that's built for rugged riding and gnarly trails, with great suspension and a solid, dependable parts group. It shreds straight out of the box, but it's also the perfect platform for upgrades down the line, should you ever want to customise your trail ride.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Don't confuse the Remedy 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market – this bike provides an outstanding frame and suspension, with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- You get carbon where it counts and an alloy rear end to keep the cost down
- RE:aktiv damping keeps the shock firm for efficient pedalling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik RC, DebonAir, Charger 2 damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.60˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 13.61 kg / 30 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|