It's right for you if...
You want more than just the added capability of electric-assist. You also want quality mountain bike parts that make the biggest difference on the trail, the user-friendliness of the Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system, and the good looks that come with a battery that's fully encased in the frame.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a long-range 625 Wh battery for great aesthetics and protection on the trail, a new Bosch Performance CX 250-watt motor that assists up to 25 km/h and an ergonomic Purion controller. Plus, a 120 mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork with an ultra-plush DebonAir spring, Shimano 4-piston brakes, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels, a 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain and a dropper post.
The final word
Quality trail bike parts, a powerful Bosch system and the streamlined looks and easy user interface of the Removable Integrated Battery (RIB). Plus, the dropper post and RockShox DebonAir fork give you a major upgrade in trail bike performance.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- The size S frame features a curved top tube that makes standing over the bike easier. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits – 29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
The bike is already internally wired to accept additional lights. Go to your dealer and simply have them attached to the bike and plug them in.
This unique protection shield made of lightweight but robust aluminium protects the motor against stones.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Bosch Purion Display
Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator and battery range indicator. Its thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with the handlebars.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, Motor Armour, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, e-MTB optimised, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 120 mm travel
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.40"
- Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano XT M8100, long cage, 51T max cog
- E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 36T
- Shimano SLX M7100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Commuter Comp, 165 mm width
- TranzX JD-YSP18, 130 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Endurance Elite, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, 625 Wh
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|