It's right for you if...
You prefer the fit and feel of a mountain bike made for women and want a single high-performance trail ride that can go the distance on marathon singletrack and also leave the ground when you want it to.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with a lower standover height on the 14˝ and 15.5˝ frame sizes, front and rear FOX suspension, SRAM GX 1x12 Eagle drivetrain and 27.5+ tyres for traction on rugged trails. Plus, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 40 wheels, a Bontrager Line dropper post, a Bontrager Ajna saddle designed specifically for women and narrower bars for a better fit and more control.
The final word
The Fuel EX 8 Women's is a responsive, fully capable trail bike designed for women. The plus-sized tyres and performance spec keep up on any trail and keep you in control wherever you're riding.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Unrelenting confidence: this bike lets you ride sections that you never thought you'd be able to clean
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but who want to explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- Dropper posts and 1x12 drivetrains are two of the best mountain bike innovations in recent years – this bike has both
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (14˝ and 15.5˝) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (17.5˝ and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel (lower standover on 14" and 15.5" sizes)
- Fox Rhythm 34 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 140 mm travel (14 & 15.5: 120 mm travel)
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 40, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Ajna 1 Women's
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 14 & 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc
- S - 14.51 kg / 32 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|