It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a super capable long-travel e-MTB that’s built to conquer techy runs and big drops just as cleanly as analogue trail bikes. You want the light weight and responsive ride of an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame.
The tech you get
A light and durable OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with carbon stays that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox Yari RC fork, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line dropper post, Shimano 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels.
The final word
Rail 9.7 hits the sweet spot of carbon performance and amazing value. It’s spec'd with quality trail-specific parts and a powerful Bosch drive system so you can send it through the rough stuff and motor right back up for another run.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Complete Tubeless System
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. You're ready to roll straight out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC damper, e-MTB optimised, tapered steerer, 42 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM NX Eagle single-click, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM X1 1000, 34T
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8 mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mb, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, 625 Wh
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist
- M - 22.15 kg / 48.84 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|