It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious single-track aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher-quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
The flagship model of the Marlin line-up has a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, a high-quality RockShox fork with a lockout feature and 100 mm of travel, a 2x9 drivetrain, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and a low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur that's designed to avoid snagging on trail debris.
The final word
The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin line-up for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- All the value, plus all the versatility – it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty
Fit for every rider
Marlin comes in seven frame sizes to suit riders of any height, and Smart Wheel Size ensures you’re on the fastest wheel that fits. The smallest sizes even come with short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that give smaller riders better comfort and control.
High tech, high value
Marlin looks and feels great. It’s packed with features usually found only on more expensive bikes, like a stylish frame with internal cable routing, which can help your cables last longer by protecting them from the elements.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedalling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Rear kickstand mount
Chainstay mounts make it easy to install a rear kickstand that stays out of your way and supports bikes of all sizes. No more laying or leaning.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- RockShox XC 30, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, 46mm offset for 29" wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Rear hub
- Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5mm QR
- Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, presta valve
- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Shimano Altus M2010, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M2020, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow design, long cage
- Shimano MT101, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed
- KMC X9, 9 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Brake set
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.08 kg / 31.05 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|