It's right for you if...
You're looking for a dependable, low-maintenance electric bike for commuting and getting around town, with upgrades on the details that make the biggest difference in performance – like a long-range Bosch battery, Forklight 3.0 suspension and a wider-range drivetrain.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Smooth Aluminium frame with a lowstep geometry that fully encases a 500 Wh battery, a Bosch Active Line Plus (250 W, 50 Nm) motor for speeds of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph) in Europe / 32 km/h (20 mph) in New Zealand, and a Kiox controller. A dependable and low-maintenance Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal drivetrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, a Forklight 3.0 suspension fork with integrated front and rear lights, a suspension seat post, a rear rack with secure, easy-to-use MIK mounting system, mudguards, Ultimate Comfort ergonomic grips and a one-key solution for your battery and the included U-lock.
The final word
District+ 8 Lowstep is a comfy and reliable electric city bike with performance upgrades that dedicated daily commuters and riders will appreciate. It features a long-range Bosch battery, Forklight 3.0 suspension, a Bosch Kiox controller, an 8-speed internal drivetrain and more.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The full-colour Bosch Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- The lowstep frame geometry makes it easy to mount and dismount
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame and makes it easy to remove the battery without tools
- The suspension seatpost and fork absorb fatiguing bumps in the road
- It comes equipped with lights, mudguards, a lock and a rear rack, so you're ready to ride right from the start
You might also like
Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system – Road
Better design means a better riding experience. This exclusive design hides the Bosch PowerTube in-tube battery in the frame for sleek looks and protection, and has a wealth of user-friendly features, like tool-free access and an easy-carry handle, that put it ages ahead of every other e-bike system.
Bosch Active Line Plus
The Bosch Active Line Plus motor offers 50 Nm of torque for a smooth ride and just the right amount of support. The 250-watt motor is centrally located near the bottom bracket and supports speeds of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph), 32 km/h for New Zealand.
Bosch Kiox display
The sporty and compact on-board computer combines sleek looks and ease of use.
Bosch PowerTube 500Wh
This latest Bosch battery sets the standard in integration and has 500 Wh for an extended range.
MIK rear rack
Our MIK-compatible racks make it a piece of cake to secure any MIK accessory. Click it on, and you’re off!
This reliable drive system requires little maintenance. The Shimano internal gear hub is located in the rear wheel and is operated using a twist grip lever.
The patented ForkLight integrates lighting into the fork legs. This unique design features a bright 30 lux LED light, which offers a better, brighter light.
One Key System
A simple solution to the hassle of multiple keys. Use a single key to lock both your bike and your battery with the One Key System!
- Alpha Smooth Aluminium, with Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), Range Boost compatible
- Forklight 3.0 with integrated 50LUX lighting
- Front hub
- Shimano TX505, CenterLock
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus 8-speed
- Alex Rims DP23, alloy, 36-hole, presta valve
- Bontrager E6 Hard-Case Lite, reflective, wire bead, 60 tpi, 700x50c
- Shimano Nexus Revo Shifter 8-speed
- Prowheel alloy, 38 T steel ring
- Bottom bracket
- 38T steel, alloy guard
- Shimano, HG-71
- Bontrager Satellite City pedal
- Bontrager Boulevard
- Aluminium Suspension Plus
- Aluminium comfort
- Bontrager Ultimate Comfort Philosophy ergonomic grips
- Bontrager alloy quill, 31.8 mm clamp, adjustable rise, Blendr-compatible
- Head set
- VP sealed cartridge, 1-1/8", threaded
- Brake set
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 500 wh
- Bosch Kiox with Anti-theft solution
- Bosch Active Line Plus, 250 watt, 50 Nm, 25 km/h (15.5 mph) in Europe / 32 km/h (20 mph) in New Zealand
- Front light
- Forklight 3.0 with integrated 50LUX lighting
- Rear light
- Spanninga SOLO for e-bike
- M - 24.05 kg / 53.02 lbs (excluding battery)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
155.0 - 165.0 cm
5'1.0" - 5'5.0"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
165.0 - 175.0 cm
5'5.0" - 5'8.9"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
175.0 - 186.0 cm
5'8.9" - 6'1.2"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 197.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|