Your adventure begins here
520 is the longest-running model in our fleet, and for good reason. If you’re a committed touring cyclist looking for the best in comfort and durability, this is the ride for you.
- You'll feel the difference: nothing rides like a Trek
- Low front and rear touring mounts stabilise heavy loads
- Disc brakes provide reliable, all-weather stopping power
- Balanced geometry is ultra-stable even when fully loaded
Low touring mountsTouring-specific mounts stabilise loads for multi-day trips, with no additional hardware required.
Mechanical disc brakesReliable stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
RacksRacks make commuting and hauling a practical reality, so it’s easier to go by bike.
Tubeless Ready rimsBontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for the road. No tubes mean there’s no pinch flats, allowing you to run lower tyre pressure. With lower tyre pressure you can increase traction, control. and comfort, and reduce fatigue. Best of all, the tyre sealant seals up punctures as soon as they happen!
Puncture-resistant tyresTough Bontrager Hard-Case tyres help keep punctures from slowing you down.
36-spoke wheelsSuper-strong 36-hole rims give 520 a stout foundation for miles and miles of fully loaded riding.
Reliable Shimano gear shiftingDura-Ace bar end shifters, ultra-durable Deore LX derailleurs, and a Shimano M543 Trekking crank add up to the highest-value touring combination available.
Touring geometryWe've spent more than three decades perfecting the 520 geometry to suit the heavy loads and high miles of multi-day touring.
Rack & mudguard readyBuilt-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
- Trek butted chromoly disc touring, rack and mudguard mounts
- Chromoly touring disc w/lowrider mounts
- Front Hub
- Shimano M475
- Rear Hub
- Shimano M475
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready 36-hole
- Bontrager AW1 Hard-Case, 700x32c
- Shimano Dura-Ace, bar-end type, 9-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Alivio
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore
- Shimano Trekking M591 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano, external cartridge bearing
- Shimano HG50, 11-32, 9-speed
- KMC X9
- Wellgo nylon body w/alloy cage, toe-clip/strap
- Bontrager Evoke 1
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8mm
- Bontrager gel cork tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8" threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Hayes CX Expert mechanical disc, Tektro alloy levers
- 57cm - 13.08 kg / 28.84 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125kg (275lbs).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
158.0 - 163.0 cm
5'2.2" - 5'4.2"
162.0 - 168.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
179.0 - 186.0 cm
5'10.5" - 6'1.2"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||F Bottom bracket height||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack|