It's right for you if...
You find yourself heading out for longer rides more frequently, and want a great-looking bike that's both fast and comfortable, with lightweight performance parts that will hold up as you improve as a rider.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, a carbon fork and a wide-range 27-speed Shimano drivetrain that's great for conquering hills. Plus, it's equipped with Bontrager IsoZone handlebars and grips that absorb fatiguing impacts from the road, and puncture-resistant tyres for more confident riding and fewer flats.
The final word
FX 3 hits the sweet spot for value and performance. The lightweight frame, wide range of gears and carbon fork make it smooth, fast and comfortable over a variety of terrain. It's a great buy for anyone who values versatility, as it's equally suited to fitness rides, commutes and local cruises.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Road bike speed and hybrid bike versatility in one performance package
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting or cruising to the farmer's market to do the weekly shop
- It's easy to accessorise with racks, a kickstand, mudguards, lights and more!
- You can pair FX with your smartphone and send your ride data to your favourite fitness app when you add DuoTrap S
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Rack & mudguard ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
IsoZone handlebar and grips
Suspension for your hands. Our exclusive vibration-damping IsoZone material absorbs road bumps and buzz, giving you more control and an incredibly comfortable ride.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tyre pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tyres help keep punctures from slowing you down.
Alpha Gold Aluminium frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Lightweight fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, rack and mudguard mounts
- Bontrager Nebula, carbon
- Front hub
- Formula TK21 alloy
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready, 32h
- Bontrager H2 Hard-case Lite, 700x32c
- Shimano EF65, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Acera
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Alivio T4000
- Shimano Acera M371, 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 11-34, 9-speed
- KMC X9
- Bontrager Satellite City
- Bontrager H1
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite IsoZone Plus, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro alloy linear-pull
- M - 11.38 kg / 25.09 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
196.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.2" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|